new york doll

Arther "killer" Kane, a Mormon?!
That is the reaction everyone gives, me included. I have a sense of hope when someone so different joins the church and stays faithful. It reminds me that the gospel is inclusive. At times I doubt that it is. Then again the world isn't all accepting ether. I thought that is one of the things post-modern thought is trying to promote. Anyway, there is a really cool interview with the director of the documentary New York doll. At the end David Johansson (the lead singer) sings a Mormon hymn. I think it was come, come ye saints.
here is the link
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuer/news/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=837892
















3 Comments:
wOW! thanks for putting in words what I've been struggling with so much lately. It's always good to know someone gets it.
hey gian, i didn't get a wedding invitation. was that the plan?
holy crap! you're getting married? cool--congrats! new york doll was so good. it made me cry a little at the end. i think it's cool how it alluded that he prayed to play as the new york dolls and that prayer was answered!
Post a Comment
<< Home