Heros
My school does an annual "Patriotic Program" where the kids put on a singing program for their families. Its coming up this week which means that this week will be NUTS! But in preparation we had to make a poster to decorate the gym walls. We were lucky enough to have a soldier come and tell him about his job checking parachutes. He cut open and prepared a MRE (Meal-ready-to-Eat) and let the kids taste it. Their young pallets thought it was delicious. Funny. He let them try on his army jacket and helmet and we took pictures. I wish it weren't a privacy issue for me to post them for you to see. They are priceless. 100% adorable. Especially because of some of the faces they are making.
After the visit they wrote him the cutest thank you letters with amazing pictures of little guys jumping out of helicopters and the food he prepared complete with labels showing which food was hot. One little girl thanked him for "bretecting our state".
The next day they each drew a picture of their very own hero and Miss Camille interviewed them about their hero. There were some really great quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:
"My hero is my dad because he was in the army I think, but my sister told me that."
"My dog, Chico, is my hero because he always plays with me when I'm bored, even at Christmas."
"My mom is my hero because she gets babies."
After the visit they wrote him the cutest thank you letters with amazing pictures of little guys jumping out of helicopters and the food he prepared complete with labels showing which food was hot. One little girl thanked him for "bretecting our state".
The next day they each drew a picture of their very own hero and Miss Camille interviewed them about their hero. There were some really great quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:
"My hero is my dad because he was in the army I think, but my sister told me that."
"My dog, Chico, is my hero because he always plays with me when I'm bored, even at Christmas."
"My mom is my hero because she gets babies."
















4 Comments:
Man those kids are cute! Another one of my favorites was the one about their mom being their hero because she can fly and she was full on wearing a cape in the picture!
Also Andrea, not to be super cheesey or anything, but you really are one of my heroes. It's been really cool for me to watch you be the teacher to all those lucky kids and I wish that everyone could know what a positive impact you are having in their lives.
You're the greatest.
awww shucks, Camille. I love my job... even when it gets hard. It's been so fun to have you come in and reach celebrity status with all of them. You know when two people you really love meet each other? I feel like that
I like how you have mom stories times ten with your classroom. You have the cutest stories.
I second Camille's comment. My gal in your class has grown so much this year. The difference in her 1st grade experience and my other daughter is polar opposite. I was laying in bed last night thinking about all you have taught her but I think the lesson of "being flexible" is the most priceless. I wish you could hear her say that to her sisters and cousins. Andrea you may not realize it but you are the ULTIMATE celebrity in our eyes. Anyone can pose for a picture but it takes someone very special to teach and be taught by these precious people. I can't begin to tell you thanks enough!
Post a Comment
<< Home