Saturday, January 30, 2010

brain potpourri

This post is a potpourri of thoughts from my brain on a Saturday morning from my lap top in bed.

1. It is snowing, which is a big deal for Richmond. Will it be enough for a snow day on Monday? The school secretary thinks yes.

2. Half of my class finished the covers for their hand-boung books yesterday. They look so good and the kids just could not be more proud. Shout out to my best friend, Rachel, who taught me how to bind books via Skpe video calls. My children thank you. It was a pretty cute moment when this conversation happened.
A: Making books is way harder than I thought it would be.
Me: Yeah, but you did it and they look totally good. It remind me of what you are learning about your fort in the forest. It's hard and you sometimes want to give up but in the end...
A: It is so worth it!!!!!!
I love when they recognize those beautiful life lessons.

During the writing of a difficult scene of their play, another student said "We did it! And it wasn't even fun but we just did it anyway and in the end it was so worth it."

Or how about the student who elected themselves to do a less fun job on their fort and openly declared "This job is not going to be fun but I'm going to do it anyway."

Or the other child who said "I love building these forts... especially when I am really focused and work really hard."

Did that really just come out of your mouth? ... music to my ears.

3. There is so much drama at school. We joked over lunch yesterday that the next big reality TV show should involve the faculty of a small young private school because there is more than enough drama. There are crazy parents who think they are the exception to every rule and don't send their child with a lunch fully expecting that it is our job to feed them because their baby is sleeping. Or how about the face book mob of parents that wants a teacher fired. I could go on and on but there is one thing that is certain... there is drama with a capital D. It's like a latino daytime television soap-opera.

...I better get to all the children's books that are waiting for me thanks to me resolution.


1 Comments:

Blogger Aarean Jergensen said...

holy crapolie that is so embarrassing...c'mon the bangs give it away! hahahaha I don't look that different do i?! yikes.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home