Dear Kirk
So sorry to tease. I guess I can give you some text to tide you over. Saturday morning I woke up on the floor of my new place. Jared, Ruel, Chris, and Kevin where still fast asleep dreaming of guitars, the 80's, comic book girls, and stacked wood. As I took my shower I was thinking "well, this is the shower just before I get married. Shouldn’t I feel more nervous?" I kept waiting for some sort of butterflies, loss of apatite, maybe the runs.
Andrea and I drove to Manti without a problem. We got to the temple early. There was a point there when I had time to sit by myself. Temple workers would keep saying things to me as they passed. "Just relax" or "patience" is what they would say. This made me more nervous. I started to think "Do they know something I don't?" "Maybe I should be nervous.” Finally Andrea came around the corner and we went to be married.
Our sealer was a tall old fellow. We rehearsed saying my full name. This was before our family and friends came in the room. Everyone came in the sealing room. We where married. Everyone hugged us.
Everyone was freezing out side waiting for me to get my tux on. Andrea was already waiting for me in her cute Jacky O dress. We both walk out with smiles on our faces. Photos and family snow you know.
The reception was at my home ward building. The roads where snowy and icy, many people braved the weather. It was an aging hipster reunion. Lots of people we love came. That was all that mattered to us. Yes the décor was great and the food was good, but I was so happy to see everyone.
Andrea and I drove to Manti without a problem. We got to the temple early. There was a point there when I had time to sit by myself. Temple workers would keep saying things to me as they passed. "Just relax" or "patience" is what they would say. This made me more nervous. I started to think "Do they know something I don't?" "Maybe I should be nervous.” Finally Andrea came around the corner and we went to be married.
Our sealer was a tall old fellow. We rehearsed saying my full name. This was before our family and friends came in the room. Everyone came in the sealing room. We where married. Everyone hugged us.
Everyone was freezing out side waiting for me to get my tux on. Andrea was already waiting for me in her cute Jacky O dress. We both walk out with smiles on our faces. Photos and family snow you know.
The reception was at my home ward building. The roads where snowy and icy, many people braved the weather. It was an aging hipster reunion. Lots of people we love came. That was all that mattered to us. Yes the décor was great and the food was good, but I was so happy to see everyone.
















2 Comments:
Some day you really should blog your story about the time you were on the phone with your friend while he was being mugged.
It's a story I wish happened to me so I could always share
I feel honored that when you look back at this blog, the post that describes your actual wedding will bear my name. Congrats Gian, i wish I could have been there. I still have to get the first presidency to sign something cause i killed that dude.
Post a Comment
<< Home