Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sedona





We just got back from our week long roadtrip to Sedona Arizona. We went with our friends Marcus and Sara Cunningham. This picture says it all. Gian says its as if they built a city in the middle of Zions National Park. That pretty much explains the grandure. I bet it would be even more beautiful in the fall or spring when its not SO HOT. The heat kept us from doing too much but we tried to have an advneture a day. I would have gone to see all the Indian ruins but the others seemed perfectly satisfied to sit around in the AC most of the day. I guess I've been on vacation longer than them and I'm all rested up from all the "morning sickness" laying around I've done for the past month. Here are some highlights:

We heard about the powerful vortex in Sedona but much to our delight and surprise there are four!!! Unfortunalty we only visited one but it was beautiful. We were there at sunset (bogging sure would be more fun with our own digital pictures... someday we'll get a new camera... some day)


What exactly is a vortex you ask ... well

"A vortex is the funnel shape created by the motion of spiraling energy. The vortexes in Sedona are swirling centers of subtle energy coming out from the surface of the earth. They characterize Sedona as a spiritual power center."
To find out more about the FOUR vortexes in Sedona visit http://www.sedonanewagecenter.com/Vortex/sedona_vortex.htm
We read all kinds of great stuff about people's theories about them including that they were created by extraterrestrial life as a way to help us humans who would go there looking for enlightenment. Its nice to know that the aliens are friendly.


Possibly at the top of our list was the trip to the New Day Spa.


I recieved the signature "New Day Relaxing Message" it was nice but I felt a little left out having to play it safe. Nothing risky for the pregnant lady. Gian got reflexology which he claims was the all time best treatment he's every had. Marcus got structural realignment which sounded painfully delightful and Sara chose the Sea Salt Glow. We were not dissapointed!!! And that place smelled so good. If I were rich you know where you'd find me!


We also visited Jerome. They claim its the biggest ghost town in America. It was cute. There were saloon style old buildings turned into little artsy shops. Its all tucked away on some hills so from a distance it looked a bit like tuscany with its stucko.





It was a great trip! Now Seattle here we come ...

3 Comments:

Blogger vantastic said...

ahhh I am so jealous. Sedona sounds great, but even better would be hanging out with sara and marcus...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Chris and Jamie said...

Congrats, we found out about 2 weeks ago that y'all are expecting. I always thought Gian would be an amazing father. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy. We need to get together again and have a BBQ. Once againg congrats jamie

1:08 PM  
Blogger marshall p said...

Jerome is my favorite town in Arizona. it's so crazy, yes?

congratulations on the baby!

heart,
mp

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home