The Garden



This is the garden the kids and I (with the help of Gian) started at school. We just went over to water it for the long weekend and I realized just how proud I am. It has taken a lot of stick-to-it-ness to get it going and keep it up. The kids take such ownership. It is their garden. I was also telling Gian that I have seen more parents stop with their kids multiple times to visit the garden than have ever just dropped in the classroom.
The kids have signed up for a week over the summer to be in charge of watering. They decided to use a blog to keep everyone updated about the garden news. All the pictures and words are theirs. Check it out and leave them some comments. They are just waiting for people to comment.
We have a ton of animals the live in the forest on campus thus the barricade. Last time anyone tried to plant anything on campus it got eaten by the deer the very next day. Better safe than sorry.
Gian said we are keeping the Baumgartner (his father's mother's family) gardening legacy alive.
















4 Comments:
Beautiful. Good work!
Everything looks great: healthy and happy. I read the children's blog. Great comments. What a great idea to involve them in all these ways: gardening, writing, appreciation for nature, healthy food, aesthetics.
I love your garden, it reminds me of our garden in Ohio and how you kids liked going out in it and eating the produce. I think that is where you discovered eating a whole tomatoe with a little salt on it.
A garden? I am so jealous! Andrea you inspire me. You really do.
Post a Comment
<< Home