Monday, July 16, 2007

Seattle


Yahoo for Washington! Gian and I spent 8 days with his mother, sister and nephew visiting the two Pierotti sisters that live in Washington. Neither one of us had ever been up to that part of the country so it was fun to see. Gian and I decided that Seattle is the hills and buildings of San Francisco meet the greenery of D.C.


We visited Seattle first to see Chiara.One of our highlights was seeing her in action at her restaurant "the pink door" right down by pike's market.






Here is Chiara's boss. She owns the place. They sure love Chiara and we're sure glad they do. They cut our bill in half and sent out desserts to boot. WOW! We ate our hearts out. It was delicious Italian cuisine. A strong recommendation for anyone heading there any time soon. 1919 Post Aly Seattle, WA 98101 (206) 443-324









Chiara's roommate Holly took us to see the University of Washington campus.


It felt like a university should with all the old beautiful architecture. I felt like I was in England for a minute.

We kept wondering why BYU can't have buildings like these but then again we're glad when our tuition is so cheap too.




The campus is right on the water's edge. We had lunch at a hip little shack down by the water called "Aqua Verde" and just happened to run into Cindy there (there weren't any photos of the reunion in google image, sorry). What are the odds?



Next we were off to San Juan Island to see Anna and Levi and meet the new nephew Vincent (also no pics to be found in google). Vince is huge and cute. In fact we weighed the 2 nephews to compare them and at 3 months Vince weighs only 4 lbs less than his 1.5 year old cousin Dylan.


Gian and I decided that that island is like paradise meets... well paradise. Gian even entertains the idea of moving up there some day. We'll see if we can get rich enough.



Its beautiful! The town is really cute. Its filled with fun little shops and organic restaurants. Inland its rural with that special hippie touch. Perfect. The island gets less rain than the mainland and it was record breaking heat while we were there at 95 degrees for one day. Sounds good to me! When we got home it was 95 here at 10:00pm.


Here are the orca whales we didn't see (lukcily google did). Apparently there are several pods that feed around the islands in the summer and often visit kayakers. I'm sure it would have been amazing.


Getting to know the in-laws better was great. I sure married into a dog family and I'm not sure I'm thrilled about that-- always barking, slobbering, shedding and waking up the babies. People were sure quick to point out every time a baby screamed that it would be us soon enough "Are you ready for this?" Geez everyone its not like this is the first baby we've ever laid eyes on.

It was a fun trip but we're glad to be home too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

What a great trip you had! I loved the photos and commentary. . . We wish we could have seen you guys too. Why don't you plan a Scottish trip?!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Momoko Photography said...

I'm so glad you guys got to see my homeland. I love the San Juan Islands, it really is paradise. The U-District is also very beautiful. I'm so jealous.
Mo

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home