Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Please, Please, Please

On Friday I was in my classroom listening to an old favorite. "... the luck I've had could make a good man turn bad. So please, please, please let me get what I want. Lord knows, it would be the first time."
I've heard that song a hundred times before, but this time I understood. I listened with new ears. It's not that I feel exactly that way. My life is good and I've definitely gotten things I've really wanted-- I'm married to Gian after all. What was moving that day was that I was hearing the song with compassion I didn't possess before. I miss our little Flo and through the struggle I have been less than my best self most of the time. I know first hand that "luck" can "turn a good man bad." So everyone, I've gained some compassion and hopefully lost some judgement against others because who knows, their luck might be a little hard to bear at the moment.

Thanks Morrissey, I'm here for you, man.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in on your blog now and then. I am so happy that you are doing much better.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

did you know that is ryan's and my most favorite song of all time? yes, together and separately. that was actually our wedding song. our first dance at our wedding reception. some people thought it was weird, but really it is such a beautiful message and you just can't help but understand where he's coming from, self-absorbed fatalist that he is. but, really i love how the song is about almost giving up and then not totally giving into the despair, because you allow yourself to hope, even if just a little bit. i love you! (sorry we didn't get around to walking this week.)

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea..this is your old friend Kim Jackson from AZ....you taught me my discussions while you were on your mission with Sister Egan and Sister Anderson in Phoenix....ring a bell? I've found you! How I have thought of you over these past few years! One day I decided to "google" you..and up comes this blogspot! If you get this message, PLEASE email me, as I have SO much to catch you up on!

PS..I live in UT now!

Kim, Jonathan, and Allie

2:12 AM  
Blogger Giandrea said...

Kim, wow, this is great. I've been trying to find you too. We were down in PHX over the winter break and I really wanted to see you but unfortunately I lost your email too when you had to change addresses. SO I can't email you. I want to know everything!!
email me at sheera9306@aol.com

7:29 PM  
Blogger Giandrea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

I am happy to see you are doing better! And I hope that your spring continues to bloom!

10:27 AM  
Blogger vantastic said...

remember that smith's cover band we saw at muse with Kelly. good times dancing with you to Morrissey. "Every day is like Sunday....." love you!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home