On a Roll!
Yesterday I went to my first "baby" doctor's appointment. It was pretty routine-- blood and urine samples, blood pressure, weight. Women of the world you need a strong self-esteem before you get pregnant.
Hearing the heart beat was pretty cute. The sneaky little thing kept moving. I always knew our child would be agile. I can't image how amazing and ultrasound will be.
I have to say pregnancy has kind of put me in a lazy slump. I was excited to have a productive relaxing summer break and then the sickness hit,that terrible puking-all-day-no-matter-what-I-do this-will-be-our-only-kid kind of sickness many of you women know well. And now that I take Unisom I feel mostly all the way good. Certainly good enough to actually do things but I've lost my momentum. I just don't feel like doing anything. Probably the heat adds to my lethargy. Gian has been good at supporting me. He called a family goal setting meeting. Its been fairly effective. At least its got me in the mindset and actually itching to do things again. I've been doing pretty well. Like today I went out to lunch with great friends AND cleaned the toilet!! And I've exercised 2 days in a row.
I'm on a roll. Hopefully this roll will roll me enough to get me back to my old self.
Hearing the heart beat was pretty cute. The sneaky little thing kept moving. I always knew our child would be agile. I can't image how amazing and ultrasound will be.
I have to say pregnancy has kind of put me in a lazy slump. I was excited to have a productive relaxing summer break and then the sickness hit,that terrible puking-all-day-no-matter-what-I-do this-will-be-our-only-kid kind of sickness many of you women know well. And now that I take Unisom I feel mostly all the way good. Certainly good enough to actually do things but I've lost my momentum. I just don't feel like doing anything. Probably the heat adds to my lethargy. Gian has been good at supporting me. He called a family goal setting meeting. Its been fairly effective. At least its got me in the mindset and actually itching to do things again. I've been doing pretty well. Like today I went out to lunch with great friends AND cleaned the toilet!! And I've exercised 2 days in a row.
I'm on a roll. Hopefully this roll will roll me enough to get me back to my old self.
















7 Comments:
hi andrea! it's callie, camille's sister...we're getting invites for her baby shower out and you're on the list. what's your email or number to get in touch? millie had her baby on saturday...cool huh? congrats on your bebe too :)
I don't think I can say enough how excited I am for you both.
Andrea,
The laziness, I'm sorry to say, will continue. It's okay, you are growing a baby, you need the rest. But do stay active, what you do now makes a difference for the last trimester.
Mo
Ya, the- wanting to throw up all the time -was a big part of my pregnancy as well. I was miserable and everyone around me knew it. It started to fade at about 6 months (maybe). I didn't want to do anything b/c I didn't feel well but doing nothing didn't help either.
I'm so excited for you. Time will fly by and soon you will feel much better.
i wish i could be there to exercise with you. i love our summer runs.
I would make a to do list and be happy if I got one thing done. I am totally impressed you went out and cleaned the toilet.
I'm just catching up on reading the blogs of everyone I know and found that you guys are pregnant! Congrats! Hooray for babies!
suvi
Post a Comment
<< Home