welp, ...
Welp, we moved. I love our new place and I hate Aspen Ridge Management Company. I can't say enough terrible things about the experience we've had with them. If any of you reading this post have ever had a management company included in any of your worst nightmares it was most likely Aspen Ridge. I could write pages and pages of reasons why you might be happier being homeless than in a contract with this sub par company. Renters of Provo unite! But on to more important things.
Welp, I'm bike shopping. I'm pretty picky but I think that is mostly because I don't know what a really want. The real solution would be to own several bikes for different occasions. Here is my top pick for right now. The fabulous Allan Ludwig found it for me. Presenting the Gary Fisher Simple City 3W. It has everything I THINK I want.
1. it looks hot
2. 3 speed
3. hand breaks (this one has coaster and hand break combo which is fine)
4. internal hub
5. 16" frame option
6. no terrible preteen paint job
7. fenders
8. it looks SOOOO good
9. not a mountain bike
10.not an outrageously expensive and intense road bike
It's a little more than I was originally planning to spend. Maye I'll be investing in a great bike that will last me years and years.
Welp, Michelle and I have been pre-training for her triathlon training. I'm really benefiting from her motivation here because while I'm not exactly interested in the race I am interested in the exercise with a friend. I've been running barefoot on the grass to try to reattatch my shin muscles from my chronic shin splints. It makes me feel really tough.
I'm also benefiting from Sherisa's ambition. She is going through Yoga Instructor training and needs someone to "practice" teaching. Since I have absolutely nothing going on this summer I'm the perfect candidate. It's really great to have a personal yoga trainer because she is fine tuning all my basic yoga poses. She is perfect for the job.
Look! Here I am doing one of the new poses she taught me...
Welp, I was looking at the calendar today. There is not much time left before school starts again. Yikes! Not Yet!!
Welp, I'm bike shopping. I'm pretty picky but I think that is mostly because I don't know what a really want. The real solution would be to own several bikes for different occasions. Here is my top pick for right now. The fabulous Allan Ludwig found it for me. Presenting the Gary Fisher Simple City 3W. It has everything I THINK I want.

1. it looks hot
2. 3 speed
3. hand breaks (this one has coaster and hand break combo which is fine)
4. internal hub
5. 16" frame option
6. no terrible preteen paint job
7. fenders
8. it looks SOOOO good
9. not a mountain bike
10.not an outrageously expensive and intense road bike
It's a little more than I was originally planning to spend. Maye I'll be investing in a great bike that will last me years and years.
Welp, Michelle and I have been pre-training for her triathlon training. I'm really benefiting from her motivation here because while I'm not exactly interested in the race I am interested in the exercise with a friend. I've been running barefoot on the grass to try to reattatch my shin muscles from my chronic shin splints. It makes me feel really tough.

I'm also benefiting from Sherisa's ambition. She is going through Yoga Instructor training and needs someone to "practice" teaching. Since I have absolutely nothing going on this summer I'm the perfect candidate. It's really great to have a personal yoga trainer because she is fine tuning all my basic yoga poses. She is perfect for the job.Look! Here I am doing one of the new poses she taught me...

Welp, I was looking at the calendar today. There is not much time left before school starts again. Yikes! Not Yet!!
















11 Comments:
Hey, I did not end up running the freddom festival this year. I am still training for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August, up to 9 miles but just experienced a really bad knee injury last saturday so let's hope I can still do it. We need to get together, soon. I need a brake from my kids really bad. What sounds good to you. And by the way totally jealous of the yoga personal trainer.
This comment has been removed by the author.
oh my goodness. that bike is amazing!!! what is great is that one of my favorite bikes lately, called the Retrovelo looks exactly like that but costs 4 times at much. What a great deal! [IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/rayvan227/paula.jpg[/IMG]
Its worth the money to have a nice bike that works well. You will just have to add a basket later...a basket is so handy!!! I can't wait for our autumn bike rides...
I can't get the picture to work to show you the retrovelo...heres another try...http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/rayvan227/paula.jpg
go there?
one more:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/rayvan227/paula.jpg
Maybe I will still get this and we can be twins!!
R van. I'm glad you like it. I guess everyone else does too because Gary Fisher is out of them! I have to wait a month for the 09 catalogue to come out and then there is not telling what color it will be and there will be a price raise. Also our photo bucket keeps not working for me. I wanted to see your bike crush.
also, R, what do you think about 3 speed?
I found your bike. It's great!! So Euro. Is that an internal hub with 8 speeds? It's blowing my mind!! I've never...
3 speeds will probably be ok. WhiteLightening has 7 speeds...but 3 is better than none...I can't wait to see the colors they have. HEy, Where did you move to??
Well the 3 speeds I have tried seems to have pretty drastically different speeds. That's what makes me feel like it will be versatile enough. The 8 speed is like $300 more. Will I really use all the in between speeds that much? I kind of think no.
We moved over to the west side in some really nice new apartments with an amazing land lord. I love it!!
Andrea! So fun to hear from you. And sweet blog. I haven't read all the way back to the beginning yet, but I will. Quick question...does running barefoot on grass really work? I have chronic shin splints too (obviously from soccer)! And I can also do that crazy yoga position too. Here's to blog stalking!
Post a Comment
<< Home