Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall


Happy 1st day of Fall to you all. I love, love, love love fall. 


The cool air just brings a calmness. there are the leaves, the canyon, the football, the sweaters, getting back into a routine, the AC gets turned off and the windows opened, bike bike bike rides! Plus there is the harvest to enjoy. I made a pumpkin bake for dinner tonight. It was filled with veggies and elk. It was good for a first try. I also realized that this was my first time converting a real pumpkin into food. I've never just bought a pumpkin to eat. I can't wait to get another one at the market because there are a million things I'd like to do differently next time.

Yesterday we went with Gian's family up on a family picnic to Cascade Springs. You can't beat a picnic in the canyon in the fall. 

I love you, fall. Please stay for a very long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veeda said...

I'm happy it's fall too. Also, I'm very impressed you used a whole pumpkin AND elk in a meal. I've never cooked with either.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Momoko Photography said...

You should check out the latest Everyday Food. It has several pumpkin recipes using real pumpkins. For example, a chocolate pumpkin tart! Now you can't tell me you don't want to try that.
I feel the same about Fall, but I do have to admit I miss the mountains turning the various shades of orange, red, pink, and yellows when Fall comes around.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home