Sunday, August 09, 2009

Slowly But Surely

Things are coming together for us here... slowly but surely.

I went to my new school last week to borrow books and read up while I still have and endless amount of time on my hands. I borrowed a few DVDs, too. The projects the kids did were remarkable. I wish I could post the DVD's online for you to enjoy (Sage and Camille, I think you both would really be interested).

While I was there a lady ran excitedly into the office not knowing I was in the next room and asked the secretary "Is that Andrea's car?!?!?" She noticed the out of state license plate. We got to meet her and chat. Her daughter is going to be in my class. It was just so fun to see that she knew I was coming and was excited. It meant a lot to me. It makes me feel so much more settled to know I have a class list and a classroom and a co-teacher. So far I only have 13 kids between the two of us. Hallelujah. Oh the things we can do with numbers like that!

On our way home we stopped by the river. It smelled a little, like most bodies of water, but was beautiful. It's low enough that people were out wading in the water. Others had nice picnics set up on the boulders. It was fun to watch the kids on all their adventures. It was a perfect summer spot.

A couple from church invited us for dinner tonight. It was fun. We introduced them to our Sunday tradition of biscotti and pero and we taught them the board game Settlers of Catan. I dare say we made our first new friends tonight. It felt so good.

Things are working out... slowly but surely.

School


These are dolls some of the kids made.




The River




A really cool wall that surround a mansion on the drive. We always oooo and ahh at how beautiful it looks and marvel at the lack of mortar.

3 Comments:

Blogger BirdieMann said...

I love Settlers of Catan. And we haven't found anyone to be our Settlers friends yet, which makes me miss you more. =)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Terri Lin said...

I love the picture of your school, it looks like it has alot of character and charm. The river looks great too.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Mike and Laura said...

Your school is beautiful! It made me feel like I was looking at a picture from Anne of Green Gables or something! :) Have fun!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home