Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Back to School

So the kids are back and school is in full swing.
I just want to make it clear that even "dream jobs" come with frustrations. I like my school a lot. It's not perfect or probably more accurately I'm not perfect.
We keep having staff development meetings where they tell us that we need to be a writer if we hope to teach writing. I think of my trusty blog and all the eyes out there reading that give me my audience. Thanks for being so faithful. It IS fun to write.
However, sadly enough, I look at this blog and worry that school starting will really take a tole on the amount of varied content my writing has. It's back to what the kids had for lunch and what they did at recess and who read what book and who's dog ate who's homework.
I promise I'll keep my eye out for other things. We'll see how successful I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh you better keep up on your bloggy poo. I enjoy reading your posts! :-)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Terri Lin said...

I love hearing about your kids and all their cute stories.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Boireannach said...

Any kind of writing keeps your hand in. Most writers only have occasional flashes of inspiration. According to one source, "Picasso once said, 'I don't know if inspiration exists, but when it comes, it usually finds me working'" (qtd. In Murray 17). And what you might find ho hum, others will find interesting. What I'm trying to say in a long winded way: Keep up the blog!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home