

I found pictures of some of the project work my 2nd grade students did this past year and wanted to share. The group above studied different kinds of houses around the world. They became particularly interested in Igloos and the Inuit people. I wish I had pictures of their model igloo they quickly made in the snow before it melted so they could test the building method with the real material. You can kind of see in in the photo graph on the board behind the first photo. If only we had had time to build a life sized one. Eventually they made a museum exhibit to share their knowledge. This is the Styrofoam model they made for the exhibit.


The backgrounds were my favorite part of the play. The children drew 5 or so backgrounds that we copied on to transparency and projected on a sheet from behind. The children acted in front of the scene. I'm purposely choosing darker photos to be more anonymous. The backgrounds changed to fit the scenes and the characters even traveled through the forest to get from the royal castle to the evil wizards' hideout. I just LOVE their beautiful line drawings!
1 Comments:
I want to move! Just so my kids can go to your awesome school. Oh what I would give to have an education like that available to them. I love hearing all of the neat things you do. You are awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home